We are hiring!
Position: Manager – Health
Reports to: Programs Director
Location: Country Office – Gurgaon, INDIA Remuneration: As per ADRA INDIA wage scale
Work Hours: Normally Monday – Thursday 09:00 – 17:30 (Friday end 15:30) with flexibility Equipment: Office and furniture + laptop computer + Desktop
The Manager – Health will provide technical leadership and oversight on ADRA India’s Health Programs, Research and M&E strategies and activities. This will include research & analysis; producing reports and visual representations; provision of technical advice; presenting and sharing learnings, conducting Programme Management and Business Development.
The Manager – Health will also be responsible for steering the ADRA health program and oversee and lead the institutional development of ADRA India in health sector. The Manager – Health reports to Programs Director, ADRA India and is responsible for the following:
Program Development and Management:
• Direct the ADRA India Health program by looking into opportunities for various funding in the health sector.
• Ensure that the health Programme are implemented on ground as per the donor’s project approval processes
• Coordinate and link with partners, donors, and stakeholders as well as with ADRA network
• Lead policy dialogue, knowledge exchange and promote operational research and networking.
• Programmatic Coordination and Oversight of health programmes
• Take lead in the proposal development processes when required and manage projects/ grants.
• Works and contributes within the ADRA India team structure that guides the formulation and development of the ADRA India program strategy and related project portfolio.
• Take lead in establishing accountability mechanism and ensure Quality control across all the projects.
• Work with Prospect Research to produce sufficient number and quality of prospects; to produce extensive institutional donor profiles; target appropriate ask amounts; and prioritize and evaluate prospects for corporate, foundation, and government grants.
• Develop and foster relationships with institutional funders: find personal connections with staff, board, trustees, volunteers & donors that will ensure the attention of institutional funders.
• Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
• Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures and build the capacity of the team.
• Develop, monitors, manages, and evaluates research projects / pilots
• Lead, strategize, conceptualize, design, develop, implement, and continuously improve monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems.
• Provide ongoing training and support to project staff to maintain consistent monitoring tools and indicators.
• Draft the Development of M&E plan/framework/system for each project in coordination with teams and support in developing survey related tools and methodology and epidemiological analysis.
Manage the Documentation and Filing system for Programs.
• Support Programs team in developing and writing high quality research papers for publication in reputed National and International journals.
• Coordinate with state project managers for smooth running of the project.
• Timely submission of reports to donor.
• Ideate on innovative ideas for developing quality concept note and proposals.
• Actively network with all staff to ensure consistency of message and alignment of operations.
• Communicate regularly with staff to ensure consistency of message and alignment of operations
• In consultation with Programs Director work with Human Resource Manager for Project staff recruitment with appropriate skills to meet the project needs.
• Plan capacity building of project team members and offer appropriate support and supervision.
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Key Competencies Working with People
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy and compassion, listens, supports, and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them and builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Establishes good relationships with individuals both internally and externally; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts.
Speaks clearly and fluently; expresses opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly.
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
The employee is expected, as a minimum requirement, to be familiar with:
• ADRA INDIA HR Manual
• ADRA INDIA Finance Manual
• ADRA INDIA Safety and Security Plan
• ADRA INDIA Code of Ethics
• ADRA INDIA Safeguarding Policies
• ADRA INDIA PROGRAMS and M&E policies