We are Hiring!
Job Title: Communications Associate
Reports to: Communications Manager
The Communication Associate will report to Communications Manager and needs to ensure the performance under the guidance and supervision of Communications Manager.
The successful candidate will be based in Gurgaon and will provide technical support in content development, managing project’s social media and communication development and capacity building. The candidate will need to ensure all relevant requirements are managed appropriately, activities are coordinated across multiple stakeholders, and deliverables are implemented in a timely manner. Under supervision of Communications Manager the individual will also coordinate with consultants, subject specialists, partners and project team members for developing content and engage with communities for building capacity, as defined in the scope of the intervention. The position requires travel to project locations.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Developing a social media calendar for ADRA India and handling the organization’s social media posts, engagement, and outreach activities
- Supporting in the development of A/V content including the Annual Report, Quarterly Newsletter, press releases, presentations, IEC Material, videos, etc.
- Designing reports, infographics, social media posts, banners, awareness materials etc.
- Travelling to project sites to capture stories, photographs, and videos, as and when required
- Working closely with the programme teams to effectively capture and document case stories, photographs and videos
- Building a centralized database of donors, stakeholders, media personnel etc.
- Collating and organizing all project pictures and videos, project data
- Networking with media organizations and personnel for coverage of the organization’s good practices and events; Supporting programme teams with media outreach
- Liaising with stakeholders and partners; effectively sharing reports, newsletters, documents with stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Contributing to keep ADRA’s website up to date
- Supporting in organizing events, webinars, etc.
- Assisting the Communications Manager in training programme teams on writing case stories, capturing photos and videos of the project activities.
- Providing communications support to project teams
- Any other job requirement, as and when arises
- Adapt proactively and supportive working relationships with internal team and external partners
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Participate in formal training events as directed
- Exemplary analytical, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and experience presenting complex information in a variety of formats and styles for different audiences.
- Experience working in the development sector preferred
- Knowledge of designing, photography, videography, and editing
- Knowledge of using digital tools and apps for developing and scheduling emails, social media posts, etc. is an asset
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of using Microsoft tools including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge and fluency in English and Hindi is mandatory, and at least one other Indian language is preferable.
- Should be comfortable using video conferencing tools
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy with all sensitive issues and special situations.
- Willingness to travel across India.
Education & Certifications
- Master’s degree in Communications / Development communications, Journalism, Development Studies, or related field with minimum 3 years of work experience in communications
- Alternatively, Bachelor’s degree in similar field with minimum 5 years work experience in communications or related field
- Equipped with basic photography skills & knowledge of Digital Media, solid computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, Good writing and communication skills. Also need to have adequate exposure of working in rural and difficult areas.
Minimum 3-4years of relevant experience with a background of working in development programmes. Experience in community engagement is a preferred.
Hindi & English.
Remuneration : INR 38,000/- CTC per month
How to apply?
Please apply electronically, quoting job title on the subject line, and attaching a covering letter (include your last salary drawn) and your CV (with at least two contactable references) to Email Address: [email protected] by 5th December 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the review.
ADRA India is a tobacco and alcohol free organization. A competitive package is available for the right candidate. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.